Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I keep feeling...


…older and older. It may be the weather, but I doubt that.


One of the quaint old (??!!:) notions that I am stuck with is that the purpose of the Constitution is to limit the size of the government. I do not remember that I was ever taught that purpose of the Constitution was to define how fast the government could grow.


Now I remember. The Government exists to serve the people. How quaint. The people, if I remember correctly, were not designed by their creator to serve the ruling class of professional bureaucrats. Something or another about inalienable rights springs (well-stumbles) to the forefront of my diminished (as opposed to DHIMMI) cranial cell’s capacity for abstract ideas.


I am standing here in the farmyard staring up at the side of the barn. The words say…


“All animals are equal, except some animals are more equal than others”.


Wowee… We may be on to something here! But I have the nagging sensation that there used to be more words than that written on the barn. Maybe I should go take another dose of the medicine that the doctor at the V.A. Clinic gave me. Things are always better after I do that. After all, “A gram is better than a damn.”


Groggily yours,


Kermit


The constitutional populist…


And with apologies to Aldous Huxley for any misquotes from Animal Farm and/or Brave New World.


4 Comments:

At Sun Nov 16, 04:38:00 PM, Blogger Ca... said...

"...all animals are created equal..." but we don't eat dogs and cats...

 
At Mon Nov 17, 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I had never read Brave New World - but finally checked it out of the library last week. Been writing about soma ever since! Read "Animal Farm" in English class in high school, but never got to "1984". That's next. A good read for these times is "Father Elijah" by Michael O'Brien - very prophetic. (Good to catch up with you again - I'd lost a lot of my links whilst redesigning my blog!)

 
At Thu Nov 20, 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Chico said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thu Nov 20, 02:53:00 PM, Blogger J C said...

I studied Brave New World in Junior College in Modesto in 1970. Another book I studied that might be appropriate for now is,"Tally's Corners," by Elliot Liebow. We might need to learn some things from it now that BHO is in Wn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Counter